‘How do I install Java’, many beginners ask this question very often. So here we will see how to download the installer and install Java on any windows machine. We are doing this for Java 8 but if you wish to work on earlier version, the steps to install would remain same.
1) First you need to download the installer of Java. For this go to the Oracle website http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html and click on ‘I agree’ to accept the terms and conditions. After that click on the installer which you are looking to download and save that somewhere on your system. I have downloaded jdk-8u40-windows-x64.exe for Windows x64.
2) Now double click on this downloaded installer to begin the installation. You would see something like :
3) Next you would see screen showing ‘Development Tools’ selected. Let it remain as is.
4) You can the progress bar showing you the update. So wait until it gets over.
5) You have to choose the destination folder for the installation to take place. It can anywhere though I prefer the default path it is showing in the snapshot.
6) Just wait for the installation to finish.
7) Click on ‘Close’ once you see the below message on the pop up window.
Java has been installed now and you are ready to play around it. Is your installation complete for jdk 8 ?